Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 2 update

Chelsea has completed her second week of treatment and I am very happy to say that her spirits remain at all-time high. It sounds ridiculous to say but she is having a ball at the hospital! If she would only end her "slumber parties" around 9 instead of 11....or 12....or 1, Mommy and Daddy(especially Mommy) could try and get some sleep.


The chemo portion of her first stay ended on Saturday. While she is still confined to her room, she is not connected to the IV stand a majority of the day and is able to walk around the room and play more freely. Now it is all about Chelsea being able to build her immune system up to the point where we can take her home(for a week). Figure on 2 weeks minimum. Her spinal tap from last Friday showed no leukemia cells so she will not get another one until her second stay. The next big news we are waiting is the results of her genetic testing, which will determine whether a bone marrow transplant will be needed. Should get word within with the next 7-10 days.

She has been a trooper. She is enjoying every moment of each day...she is taking care of Mommy and Daddy already :)

Thank you, everyone, for being great to us.

5 comments:

  1. I was so glad to hear the spinal fluid came back clean. I still have all my friends praying for Chelsea. I am hoping to get there to see all of you really soon. All my love Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear she is responding well to her treatment and keeping her spirits high! She sounds like one tough cookie. I'm sure that is a huge help to you and Liz during this time. I was also glad to hear the fluid came back clean. That is great news. Please keep us posted on the results of the genetic testing. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys.
    Still keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.

    Debbie Clark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news about the clear fluid. Chelsea is in my prayers nightly, also the family, that you all are given the strength needed. I am so happy to hear how well she is doing.
    Gail Morales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just letting you know we have you in our thoughts and prayers, and sending lots of love to all of you. Big hugs and kisses to Chelsea and Christopher.
    Aunt Bevy & Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great news! You are so inspirational with your "positivity"! Keep it up. If I can help in ANY WAY at all, I will!!! Love you all so much...

    ReplyDelete